Shillong: Voice of the People Party candidate Batskhem Myrboh expects to grow his party’s support base during the upcoming Lok Sabha by-election. Myrboh spoke to reporters Thursday during a peaceful protest march in Shillong. He claims the party’s credibility surged since its 2021 inception.
Myrboh dismissed rumors of mass resignations as exaggerated. He says the party continues to pick up new supporters despite competitive pressure. His focus remains on internal outreach rather than the strategy of opposing candidates. "Winning elections and consistently addressing public issues proved the strength of the VPP’s political platform," Myrboh said.
The protest drew a large crowd. Myrboh insisted the turnout was entirely voluntary. He noted that the VPP provides no financial incentives or special travel arrangements to pack the streets. He views this public mobilization as a necessary component of the democratic process, taking issues directly to the people instead of staying inside the Assembly.
The party maintains its hard line against the proposed Shree Cement project. Former Lok Sabha MP Dr. Ricky AJ Syngkon previously wrote to the central government to block the plan. Myrboh confirmed the VPP rejects the results of the recent public hearing regarding the project. The party intends to balance its active campaign schedule with its commitment to represent state-wide grievances.
Photo Courtesy: nenews

Comments